Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wilson Thinks?

For this first post, I wanted to explain the title of the blog, mostly because I'm afraid that it will come off a little arrogant.  It is a difficult task, choosing the title for something that millions of people have already chosen for.  Since most people have been blogging for several years, my choices were somewhat slim.  

It is not meant to imply that Wilson thinks and you don't or that Wilson thinks "x" and you should also think "x".  It just means that Wilson thinks this about this topic.  A better way to put might be, "Wilson thinks that... ... ..." and then fill in the post's topic.  I understand that on most topics worth "blogging" about, there are at least a dozen well reasoned view points that range all across the spectrum of possible viewpoints on that topic.  The title is just meant to convey the idea that on this topic, Wilson thinks that... 

There is also this business of me referring to myself in the third person.  Now that I have given an explanation of the meaning of the title, I won't be referring to myself in my own blog, as if I weren't writing it.  In general, I am very much against this practice, which seems to be more acceptable in Texas than in other parts of the world.  I do confess that it never bothered me when Michael Jordan talked about Michael Jordan, but he and Abraham Lincoln are the only people I can think of that have recognizable silhouettes.  Mickey Mouse may also fall into this category because of the unusual shape of his head.  Since, my silhouette is not identifiable, I'll just stick to I, me, mine.  (Not that anyone cares, but that was a reference to a Beatle's song by the same title.  There's a snow cone in it for anyone who mentions any Beatle's references in the comments section.)

Now that I've explained and defended my choice for titling this blog, I guess I'll start making regular posts, whatever that means.  A special thanks to Colston and Jason Williams for encouraging me to start a blog, which I've wanted to do for quite a while.

5 comments:

  1. How about. "Wilson Knows Best."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that we know you are capable of abstract thought, let us share in your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I Just Don't Understand" "This Boy".

    That should be worth two snowcones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey looking forward to hearing some classic Wilson thoughts.

    ReplyDelete